Lumia or Windows 8.1 Phone setup at Metropolia
- Insert an activated or an empty SIM card in the phone's SIM slot.
- Start the phone. Connect a charger when needed.
- If you want to change the language of the phone, select your preferred language in the menu and tap next. The phone restarts:
- After restart, tap next to continue.
- When the phone asks for PIN, the PIN of a new Sonera SIM is 0000.
- Choose network: SONERA should already show in the SIM:SIM box. If it doesn’t, tap the box and select SONERA from the list. Tap next.
- Connect to Wi-Fi: tap eduroam - it is visible if you are within Metropolia premises. You will be asked for username and password. Enter your Metropolia username followed by @metropolia.fi (in other words, firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Accept certificate and connect: The eduroam Wi-Fi network at Metropolia has certificate issued to FI, Uusimaa, Helsinki, Metopolia-AMK, Tietohallinto, idp.metropolia.fi
Tap accept to continue. When the phone shows that it is connected to eduroam, you can tap next.
- Wi-Fi Sense: you can uncheck the boxes and tap next.
- Choose phone settings: tap custom.
- Custom setup:
Check the following three boxes:
Allow cellular data usage on your phone
Automatically download and install Windows Phone updates
Automatically update Store apps
Uncheck all other boxes. Tap next.
- Custom setup:
Time and region: Select Finland. The phone will automatically select the time zone. Tap next.
- Keep you life in sync:
If you have a Microsoft account (e.g. LIVE account), tap sign in, enter your account email address and password, and tap next.
If you do not have an account but would like to store your phone backup (photos, text messages, settings, apps) in cloud, tap create to start creating an account.
If you want to skip both account options, tap the small text Sign in later.
Almost done… Tap next.
Thank you for choosing Lumia. Uncheck Join the Product Improvement Program. Tap next.
The phone is now ready to use. As the first thing you should configure Metropolia email so that you can read and send email and use calendar on the phone.
- No labels